[od-discuss] OD 2.1 draft

Herb Lainchbury herb at dynamic-solutions.com
Thu Jan 15 19:29:19 UTC 2015

I have copied the OD 2.0 text and made a new 2.0 dev version here:
https://github.com/okfn/opendefinition/blob/master/source/open-definition-2.1-dev.markdown

The diff can be viewed here:
https://github.com/okfn/opendefinition/commit/014bd67d527010ec9af4b9bd7edba128b40b0285

I believe we have two main issues to address in this version of the
definition.  They are:

1. modify "1.3 - Open Format" to clarify and strengthen it.

The main difference is the change from "or" to "and".
See discussion:
https://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/2014-November/thread.html

I also incorporated a simplified version of the text I suggested here:
https://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/2014-November/001129.html
The simplification is removing the requirement for a published
specification.

The suggestion for bulk data remains as a suggestion.

2. modify "2.2.6 - Technical Restriction Prohibition" for clarity.
See discussion:
https://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/2014-December/thread.html#1178

I have incorporated what I think is the best revision of 2.2.6 so far, as
provided by Aaron:
https://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/2014-December/001194.html

Are there any other issues we wish to address in 2.1?

--

Herb