[odc-discuss] odbl, database schemas and stored procedures

Marco Milanesi marco.milanesi at eucentre.it
Wed Apr 20 14:30:58 UTC 2011

hi all!

are stored procedures inside a db covered by odbl or we have to use
some other license? because stored procedures can be considered a "sql
program".

For instance, imagine a schema and specific logic (stored procedure
*FUNCTION*) added to the schema (in a separate file).

i.e. to simplify things:

        schema.sql
        functions.sql

How should I treat this piece of "sql code" (functions.sql)?

Is it different if functions.sql it very tight to the db or if I have a
generic "procedure" inside functions.sql?

These are my doubts :)

thanks,
Marco