[ogdcamp] Bursaries

Tim Davies tim at practicalparticipation.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 08:50:12 UTC 2011

Hello Jonathan,

Great news on the bursaries.

*Quick thoughts on inclusiveness/accessibility of bursaries*
(Following comments in spirit of constructive reflections - rather than
criticism: Bursary scheme is definitely good thing.)

I note that the form doesn't ask people whether or not they would be able to
attend without a bursary - so I'm a little concerned that the real potential
of these to promote inclusion of those who might not otherwise have funding
to travel to OGDCamp could be lost. It might be useful to add to the page
about the bursaries a little more about (a) what they will cover; and (b)
selection criteria if there are any other than the list of people you would
like to see apply.

*Widening opportunities...*
I'm looking with the AidInfo team at whether we can sponsor some people or
places from South Asia or Africa to take part in OGD Camp. Are there any
other people / organisations on the steering committee who might be
interested in sponsoring places from outside Europe?

All the best

Tim

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>wrote:

> The European Commission has very kindly offered to support travel and
> accommodation for 30 EU participants to come to Open Government Data
> Camp 2011 in Warsaw on 20-21st October. Full details are available
> here:
>

> http://blog.okfn.org/2011/08/24/eu-travel-bursary-for-open-government-data-camp-2011/
> http://ogdcamp.org/bursaries/eu/
>
> We'd be very grateful if you could pass this on to relevant friends
> and colleagues.
>
> All the best,
>
> Jonathan
>
> --