[ok-edinburgh] capacity of OK Scotland event

Paola Di Maio paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 15:17:19 UTC 2010

Hi Rob

thanks for the update
possible suggestions

1. break down the meeting into 2-3 smaller topic areas and spread around
different dates, perhaps?
2. allow remote participation?
3. keep the  talks really short and link to a website where people can link
their stuff

I also wanted to ask, how can participants engage with OKF and Edina with
related projects and research, where relevant?

Thanks!

PDM

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Robin Rice <R.Rice at ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> Howdy folks,
>
> Just to let you know we've been informed that 75 people is really the limit
> on capacity of this venue (including people sitting on the floor /
> cushions!) so I have just edited EventBrite to cap registrations at 75 and
> allow a small waiting list for any cancellations. The lightning talks have
> already been capped, as we need to figure out a format to fit all of them
> in.
>
> The registrations have been trickling in steadily and we're up to 64. So if
> anyone on this list hasn't registered or knows someone who plans to attend,
> please get them to sign up asap at http://okscotland.eventbrite.com/
>
> Jo, Stuart and I will be having a planning meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) in 5
> Buccleuch Place (2nd floor on left) at 4 pm if anyone would like to join. Or
> feel free to email any suggestions about the format of the meeting.
>
> cheers,
>
> --
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Robin Rice
> EDINA and Data Library
> University of Edinburgh
>
> R.Rice at ed.ac.uk
> 0131 651 1317 (M, W, F)
> 0131 651 1431 (T, Th)
> http://www.ed.ac.uk/is/data-library

Paola Di Maio
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
Albert Einstein