[ok-edinburgh] Open Knowledge Edinburgh organising

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Tue Feb 9 04:04:54 UTC 2010

dear Robin, Stuart, Andres and Charlotte,

Thanks all for agreeing to get involved in Open Knowledge Edinburgh.

To reiterate, the initial rough draft is here:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ATJnv_t9ROmXZGN0Yjk3ampfMjFjNjZyYmtmbQ&hl=en

I was hoping for a date sometime in mid/late May. This will be somewhat
constrained by the availability of inSpace (in the edge of the School of
Informatics) for afternoon/evening.

If we went for a Thursday, this could be the 13th, 20th or 27th May.
Anyone got pre-existing commitments on or around those days?
Or know of another gathering that it would not be wise to clash with?

Does a Thursday seem like a reasonable day - people may be quiet and
homelike at the beginning of the week, and have things to do Fridays.

It would be good to get 2 or 3 people to give short keynote speeches at
the beginning and end. Hopefully we can persuade Rufus to visit.

I am just off on holiday for two weeks and missing a couple of
interesting gatherings. Robin and Stuart, maybe one of you is interested
in giving a lightning talk on DataShare and research data repositories
at the iDEAlab meetup on Feb 23rd?

cheers,

jo