[ok-scotland] OpenTech North

Jo Walsh jo.walsh at ed.ac.uk
Thu Aug 11 21:57:44 UTC 2011

The time of year when I feel overenthusiastic about organising seems to be returning, I'm sure it will soon pass as long as I'm not egged on.

In Manchester last month I chatted with Sam Smith about the prospect of an OpenTech North. I've only been in London for one OpenTech, at which the crowd in a conference session committed right there to funding the Open Rights Group (which I havent seen much of lately...). It has always been a London only thing.

Community mesh networks, local currencies, open hardware - speculative years ago, necessary now?

Where would one put an OpenTech North?

phone: +441316502973