[ok-scotland] [okfn-discuss] Eurostat SPSS and linked data

William Waites ww at styx.org
Fri Feb 18 11:12:54 UTC 2011

* [2011-02-18 09:17:49 +0000] Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio at gmail.com> écrit:

]  I am following up on the eurostat hackday chat re SPSS
] trying to install something on my machine
]
] but it looks like IBM proprietary software and not open source
]
] Please do let me know if I am missing something, or if you know something
] that we dont :-)

There is free software for reading SPSS, http://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/
part of which is incorporated into GNU R. It is unfortunate that Eurostat
makes data available in this way.

However after looking into this at the hackday I think we came to the
conclusion that it was more convenient to use their TSV files anyways
which is what Andreas' service does.

Hope this helps.

-w
--