[ok-scotland] Culture Hackathon Aberdeen 4th / 5th May

Ewan Klein ewan at staffmail.ed.ac.uk
Wed Apr 17 13:12:31 UTC 2013

Hi all,

If anyone is in Aberdeen next month, or would like to be, please see details below:

---
City of Culture Hackathon

We are hosting a Cultural Hackathon at Seventeen over the first weekend in May.

The hackathon will see computer programmers brought together with artists, musicians, designers and writers in a competition to create something around one of the key themes of the UK City of Culture bid.

We will release full details of our themes on the day of the bid submission.

We have no idea what will be created.  Previous hackathons have resulted in new apps, new software and new ways of doing things on the web.

This is the first cultural hackathon we’ve had in Aberdeen and we’re looking for some creative people willing to spend a weekend in Seventeen experimenting away.

We’ll provide refreshments, internet access and some top class prizes.

Programmers, writers, poets, designers or artists who might be interested in working on the hackathon should contact us at 2017 at aberdeencity.gov.uk.

Thanks

Ian Watt
---

Ewan Klein
School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
Informatics Forum 2.11, 10 Crichton Street
Edinburgh, EH8 9AB, UK

Email: ewan at inf.ed.ac.uk
Tel: +44 131 650 2705
Fax: +44 131 650 6899