[ok-scotland] Mental Wellness Hack Weekend, Edinburgh 19th-21st April

Ewan Klein ewan.klein at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 11:57:26 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

Late reminder (via Kate Ho) about an upcoming hack on Mental Health and Wellness this weekend in Inspace, Edinburgh.

You can get more detailed information about arrangements and datasets from http://www.project-ginsberg.com/hack-pack/contents.html

Regards,

Ewan

---------------------
Hi folks,

We're organising a 'hack' weekend on 19th-21st April around Mental Health and wellness. I mentioned this briefly in the Feb Techmeetup. We'd like as many people to join in that conversation - if you're a developer, and can come, that's great. If you can't come, but know someone like a GP then please pass this along.

http://lifedesigns.eventbrite.com/  - #lifedesigns

The project is trying to target an audience who have 'mild to moderate' depression. Essentially, we're trying to help address people that might be stressed, or feel under pressure. It's a private matter for most people, but very important. We're estimating that this might be as many as 1 million people in Scotland.

The hack weekend is about producing anything from playful, creative prototypes to data crunching applications to try and address this problem. The whole project is set up by the Scottish Government Mental Health unit alongside NHS24, and the intention is to help think about what could be done in this area beyond phone lines, and static text on websites. Some of this work will go on to inform next steps in delivering mental health services using new technologies.

Our speakers on Friday night include Richard Wiseman (Author of 59 seconds - http://richardwiseman.wordpress.com/books/59-seconds-think-a-little-change-a-lot/) and a number of NHS Professionals that work within Mental Health.

If you have any questions/queries, please do drop me (kate at interface3.com) or Lucy Robinson (Lucy.Robinson5 at nhs.net) an email.  If you're not from Edinburgh, and would like help with travel, then please let me know too, as we'll try to help if we can.

Looking forward to seeing you there,

Kate
---------------------

Ewan Klein