[ok-scotland] Repository Fringe 2013 - Developer Challenge Announced! (31st July - 2nd Aug 2013)

Nicola Osborne nicola.osborne at ed.ac.uk
Tue Jul 9 16:52:59 UTC 2013

The Repository Fringe 2013 Organising team are delighted to announce the
details of our Developer Challenge!

Thanks to our kind sponsors we have several prizes on offer, with a top
prize of £300 in Amazon vouchers for the best hack, and special prizes
from the Digital Preservation Coalition, one of our key Developer
Challenge sponsors, for the best Preservation Hack. We are also, for the
first time, opening the Challenge up to developers who may not able to
attend the event in person and hope this will spark some collaborations
between those in the room and others across the globe.

Read much more about the hack here:

Developers Challenge:
http://rfringe13.blogs.edina.ac.uk/developer-challenge/

Challenge Rules:
http://rfringe13.blogs.edina.ac.uk/developer-challenge/developer-challenge-rules/

All hacks will be presented to a judging panel during the morning of
Friday 2nd August. The best of the hacks will be presented in a Show and
Tell session chaired by Paul Walk, which will take place before our
Closing Keynote speaker on Friday afternoon.

Please do spread the word about the Challenge (our hashtag is
#rfringe13dev) and, if you plan to take part in-person, make sure that
you register for Repository Fringe (http://rfringe13.eventbrite.com/)
and indicate your intention to take part. You’ll also want to get
planning travel and accommodation if you haven’t already!

The Repository Fringe, organised by the Digital Curation Centre, EDINA,
and Edinburgh University Library, will take place at the University of
Edinburgh Informatics Forum from Wednesday 31st July until Friday 2nd
August 2013.

The event includes a number of presentations and discussion sessions
which will be of particular interest to Open Data fans and developers,
including our Opening Keynote, Jacqui Taylor of Flying Binary, who will
be talking about her work with the UK Cabinet Officer as an Open Data
Domain Expert. The full programme will be available nearer the date -
and we welcome your own pecha kuchas, presentations and ideas.

For more information take a look at our website
(http://repositoryfringe.org/) or contact myself and the rest of the
RepoFringe organising team (repofringe at gmail.com).

Hopefully see some of you in a few weeks time!

Nicola.

--
Nicola Osborne
Chair, Repository Fringe 2013

w: repositoryfringe.org <http://repositoryfringe.org>
tw: @repofringe | #rfringe13

EDINA Social Media Officer
t: 0131 651 3873
e: nicola.osborne at ed.ac.uk <mailto:nicola.osborne at ed.ac.uk>
a: EDINA, The University of Edinburgh, Causewayside House, 158-162
Causewayside, Edinburgh EH9 1PR
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.
--
Nicola Osborne
Social Media Officer

EDINA website: