[ok-scotland] Anybody but Burns edit-a-thon at NLS this Saturday!

Crockford, Ally a.crockford at nls.uk
Mon Jan 20 12:42:13 UTC 2014

Burns' night is rapidly approaching and folk around the globe will be celebrating the Bard in style and good cheer, but we at the National Library of Scotland and the Scottish Poetry Library think that we should take a moment to think about the thousands of Scottish poets who won't be toasted this Saturday evening.

Come join us at the National Library of Scotland (George IV Bridge) from noon to celebrate Anybody BUT Burns before you set to your haggis! With the support of the Scottish Poetry Library we will be running a Wikipedia edit-a-thon to share information about Scotland's incredible poetic legacy with millions of Wiki-users across the world.

Book your tickets here: http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/anybody-but-burns-wikipedia-edit-a-thon-tickets-9727436023?utm_campaign=new_eventv2&utm_medium=email&utm_source=eb_email&utm_term=eventurl_text

A free lunch is provided, just let us know if you have any dietary requirements. Bring your laptop and your love of verse and we will bring the rest! If you are a poet yourself, we welcome you to bring along some of your own work to share with us as we celebrate Scottish poetry.

Hope to see you there!

Ally Crockford
Wikimedian-In-Residence
National Library of Scotland
George IV Bridge
Edinburgh EH1 1EW
Scotland, UK

e: a.crockford at nls.uk<mailto:a.crockford at nls.uk>
t: (0) 131 623 3797
w: http://www.nls.uk<http://www.nls.uk/>

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

National Library of Scotland, Scottish Charity, No: SCO11086

This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee please inform the sender and delete the email from your system. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of National Library of Scotland. This message is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. No liability is accepted for any harm that may be caused to your systems or data by this message.

www.nls.uk