[ok-scotland] Fwd: [OKFN-Local-Coord] Stop Secret Contracts - please help with new campaign

Ewan Klein ewan.klein at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 15:31:34 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Please drop me a line if you have information to contribute to this survey, and I'll try to get it collated. Even better, let me know if have relevant information AND would like to coordinate a response on behalf of the OKF Scotland Local Group.

Regards,

Ewan

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Christian Villum <christian.villum at okfn.org>
> Subject: [OKFN-Local-Coord] Stop Secret Contracts - please help with new campaign
> Date: 31 January 2014 13:42:59 GMT
>
> Dear all,
>
> We are currently planning a campaign to Stop Secret Contracts and would like to you ask you to help us with your input.
>
> Every year millions of dollars of public money are lost to fraud, corruption and lining the pockets of giant corporations who fail to deliver on their contracts. People everywhere deserve to know who gets public money, so governments and private contractors can be held to account.
>
> To help us prepare we’d like to find out more about the state of public contracting in countries where we have a presence, and identify possible opportunities to support our local groups in doing local advocacy and communications around the campaign. We’d be very grateful if you’d help us by filling in the following survey on behalf of your local group, which should take no more than 5-10 minutes to complete:
>
> Link to the survey
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> -Christian & Jonathan
> --
>
> Christian Villum
> International Community Manager
>
> skype: christianvillum  |  @villum
> The Open Knowledge Foundation
> Empowering through Open Knowledge
> http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn  |  OKF on Facebook  |  Blog  |  Newsletter

Ewan Klein
School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
Informatics Forum 2.11, 10 Crichton Street
Edinburgh, EH8 9AB, UK

Skype: ewan.h.klein | ewan at inf.ed.ac.uk | @ewanhklein
Tel: +44 131 650 2705
Fax: +44 131 650 6899