[ok-scotland] IndieWebCamp Edinburgh (decentralised social web unconference)

Amy G amy at rhiaro.co.uk
Thu Jul 16 12:21:20 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Some of you might be interested in a 2-day unconference that's coming up in
Edinburgh (25th and 26th July), focused on growing the independent web,
ownership of personal data, and technologies and protocols for a
decentralised social web.

*Everyone *is welcome, whether you're just interested in starting out with
your own site and don't have a domain or any experience yet, or if you're
an experienced web developer who just wants to dive in and build stuff.

We'll be at NCR Edinburgh, Kittle Yards
<https://opentechcalendar.co.uk/map?venue=265-ncr-edinburgh>, and thanks to
support from NCR <http://ncredinburgh.com/> and Matrix
<http://matrix.org/> there
will be breakfast, lunch and snacks provided on both days, yay!

You can take your pick of ways to register. The canonical guest list is on
the IndieWebCamp wiki, which you can edit directly to add yourself:
https://indiewebcamp.com/2015/Edinburgh

Other options include:
* Contact me and I'll add you to the wiki.
* RSVP on OpenTechCal
<https://opentechcalendar.co.uk/event/2777-indiewebcamp-edinburgh#> and
I'll add you to the wiki.
* RSVP on Attending.io <http://attending.io/events/iwc-edi> and I'll add
you to the wiki.

One way or another, you end up on the wiki :)

We have a Code of Conduct here <http://indiewebcamp.com/code-of-conduct>.
If you wish to bring younglings (especially if they want to hack!) they are
also welcome.

You might also like to drop by #indiewebcamp on Freenode
<http://indiewebcamp.com/irc/today> to say hi to the wider, global indieweb
community.

Please do pass this on to anyone you think might be interested!

Amy