[ok-scotland] Mentoring kids, tomorrow - Thursday (YRS)

Amy G s1158216 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Sun Jul 26 19:11:03 UTC 2015

Hi all,

The Young Rewired State under 19s hackathon is taking place next week
(Monday 27th-Thursday 30th, 10-4 in CodeBase).

At the end of the week we take them down to Birmingham, where they present
their projects to judges and meet all of the other hundreds of young people
taking part from around the country.

The Edinburgh centre has almost 30 young people signed up, of various ages
and abilities, but all super keen to build something with open data for the
competition. We are somewhat understaffed in terms of mentors who can help
them generate ideas, build their projects (no particular language or
technology requirements, good googling ability helpful), and plan
presentations for the judges, particularly Monday afternoon (tomorrow) and
Tuesday. So we'd really appreciate if anyone can give a couple of hours to
help out!

If the warm fuzzy feeling of having done a Very Good Thing isn't enough,
there will at the very least be free snacks all week, and some kind of
further food reward when the week is over.

Do let me know if you're interested, or have any questions, and please pass
this message on. Thanks!

Amy

PS. you can find out more about the event at festival.yrs.io and
www.prewired.org/yrs15