[OKCon-Programme] Speaker from Google?

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Thu Mar 24 20:35:59 GMT 2011

Dear Puneet,

Thanks for raising this. In fact this is very important. We - as the programme Committee - should try our best to invite speakers to OKCon 2011 that ideally represent

- people from countries all over the world
- as many women as possible

This is a very important issue we need to address, since many Conferences easily tend to have over representation of white, western, male. We should try hard to avoid this at OKCon or at least try our best to get some balance!

So if people on this list have any suggestions for potential speakers from India, China, Brazil, or other developing countries, please point us to them now. I think this is an effort we *really* should try hard.

Regards
Daniel