[okfn-advisory] FP7 call for "Open access to scientific information"

Sören Auer auer at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Fri Jan 16 13:42:47 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I think participating in FP7 projects would really be an opportunity to
further develop and interconnect OKFN. We already applied together with
an IP project proposal I prepared last year for the Digital Libraries
objective in ICT call 3. We got to the shortlist and were invited for
the hearing but unfortunately finally did not succeed.
This year there will be (besides the CIP) also some other possibilities
to apply. E.g. I'm currently trying to shape a consortium with regard to
participatory governance:

"PreMaGo - Web-based Prediction Markets for Participatory Governance"
http://www.ideal-ist.net/Countries/DE/PS-DE-2762

I guess also OKFN could be an potential partner here and I will get back
to Jonathan about that soon.

Generally, I have to note, that preparing an FP7 project proposal
requires significant preparation - at least 2-3 months and experience.
The latter I'm happy to share if OKFN decides to go for an own application.

Cheers,

Sören