[@OKau] Kellie Tranter on the OGP

Rosie Williams budgetaus at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 8 01:21:30 UTC 2015

Kellie Tranter has a piece in On Line Opinion today about Australia's participation in the Open Government Partnership.
http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=17233
I'm happy to see people writing about open government and transparency although I disagree with Ms Tranter that the government is not opening data relevant to government spending. Since I've been working with open data, the government has made significant inroads into opening spending information and improving the way financial information is published by government.
In fact, the Audit Commission Report made specific mention of the desire to improve accountability and transparency around spending information, including program evaluation.http://nofibs.com.au/2014/05/05/17908/

Rosie Williams BA (Sociology)________________________________________

 NoFibs.com.au - Open Data Reporter InfoAus.net - Founder and Developer