[@OKau] You're invited... if that is ok?

Steven De Costa steven.decosta at linkdigital.com.au
Fri Sep 18 09:33:54 UTC 2015

Hi everyone.

For those who aren't aware, this list is run as a mailman list. This just
means that an admin of the list can login and see some details, such as
everyone who is subscribed.

I have such access and will be reporting on subscriber numbers at the next
OKAU Board meeting on 29 September.

However, I'm also keen to use the full list of subscribers to send out a
batch invitation to join the global Open Knowledge discussion forum at
discuss.okfn.org. We have an Australian group established there and at
least a few of us (Stephen Gates and I) have been using it regularly.

I have to say that it is pretty neat and would likely been seen as a great
improvement by many here. So, as it would be almost impossible to determine
permission to invite people formally, and as I think it would be reasonable
to invite list members here into what is basically the same forum in a
different location... Well, I'm hoping it wont upset people to get an
invite over the next few days drop into their inbox.

Happy to take feedback on this thinking though :)

Hoots!

*STEVEN DE COSTA *|
*EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR*www.linkdigital.com.au