[okfn-be] First meeting: wrapping up

Roel De Meester roel at krimson.be
Fri Nov 25 15:28:29 UTC 2011

@pieter : Thanks for the quick and clear meeting minutes.
@all : a general question about Openbelgium.be
Due to timing constraints i'm unable to maintain the datasets on that
website, which leads to bad quality and confusion.
One of the first goals i have is getting all entries on openbelgium.be into
CKAN.
Once that has happened there are basically 2 options
 * kill openbelgium.be
 * keep it running while making sure that :
 ** More people are involved in maintaining the site (and adding extra
features)
 ** All entries are immediately pushed towards CKAN ( a proof of concept is
available, but still has a few quirks)
 ** optionally : integrate with the new datatank software to provide a
single API

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Pieter Colpaert <pieter.colpaert at gmail.com
> wrote:

>  Hi OKFNbe,
>
> First of all thanks for attending and an even bigger thank you to Roel De
> Meester for hosting. I think we can call this first meeting a huge success.
>
> Attendees:
>
> Bart Rosseau, Wouter Vanden Hove, Roel Demeester, Miel Vander Sande, Erik
> Mannens, Lieven Janssen, Marc Portier, Noël Van Herreweghe, Jan Stoffels,
> Hans Constandt, Martin De Wulf, Kathleen Janssen, Saskia Scheltjens, Hans
> Fraiponts, Jan Vangrinsven, Peter Dedecker, Pieter Colpaert
>
> Also very interested but couldn't make it for the first meeting:
>
> Bart Hanssens, Tanguy De Lestre, Bart Van Loon, Andries De Reyghere, Jan
> Vansteenlandt, Marijke Verhavert, Andrew Vande Moere
>
> The next meeting will be the 20th of December 19:30 at EEBIC (
> http://www.eebic.be//index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1) hosted bij
> Hans Constandt. The program for the meeting is discussing the board,
> financial plan, setting up the statutes and so on. If you attend you'll be
> an official founding member of the OKFNbe. Let us know if you'll be here by
> replying on this e-mail or by simply adding your name to the attendees list
> over here: http://wiki.okfn.org/Chapter/Belgium#Attendees
>
> You can find a quick overview of what we have discussed at
> http://wiki.okfn.org/Chapter/Belgium/Meeting-22-nov-11. Feel free to add
> your own notes according to your own minutes, or to add more information to
> your name.
>
> It was a pleasure to meet a lot of like-minded people. Let's make this
> organisation something other countries can reference to as an example.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Pieter Colpaert
>
> --
> iRail vzw/asbl+32(0)486/747122

Roel De Meester  -  Co Founder | Business Developer
Krimson - Drupal architects
+32 498 416699 : mobile
+32 3 298 69 98 : office
www.krimson.be -  roel at krimson.be