[okfn-be] First meeting: wrapping up

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 00:31:08 UTC 2011

Hi Roel and others,

* I agree that we need to get all datasets into CKAN. I think this is
quite easy when using dpm. For more information check this page:
http://dpm.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html

* We need to converge to one Belgian data portal. As I see it,
data.gov.be is the only thing that needs to exist. Rumour has it that
data.gov.be will get CKAN support in the future and will be developed
further when more data sets are added. A very pragmatic way to do this
is to stalk (his words!) Bart Hanssens by demanding more and more data sets.

  * OpenBelgium.be is a great domain name that we have to cherish. There
are a lot of things we can do with it: a show-case of applications and
visualisations, a developer community site, a site where you can get
information on how to get your Belgian organisation on the open
knowledge train, an activism site for demanders of asylum, and so
forth.  Any thoughts here?

Kind regards,

Pieter

--