[okfn-be] Introducing myself + Open Data Hackathon in Brussels

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 21:35:04 UTC 2011

Hi Martin,

I think that Brussels would be a better idea. The people from Ghent had
already to deal with apps for Ghent 1 and we are organising apps for
Ghent 2 next year.

I will ask for the Tour & Taxis room on the third of December and invite
the entire iRail community. Is that okay for you? Can you take care of
the organisation?

Maybe it's a good idea to talk this over on the phone?

Kind regards,

Pieter

On 10/27/2011 11:42 AM, Martin De Wulf wrote:
> Hello Pieter,
>
> thanks for your answer, I am glad that you have seen those projects.
>
> I am interested by the room in Tour&  Taxis. That said, I could also
> perfectly join your event, I do not think there are so many people
> willing to to take part in the Open Data Hackathon in Belgium that two
> events would make so much sense. Furthermore, my goal is more about
> meeting people than having my own event.
>
> What do you think ?
>
> Martin
>

> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Pieter Colpaert
> <pieter.colpaert at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi Martin!
>>
>> On 10/27/2011 11:06 AM, Martin De Wulf wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> my name is Martin De Wulf. I'm joining this mailing list because I
>>> live in Belgium and I am really interested by open data.
>>>
>>> This year, in the field of open data, I realized
>>> http://migrationsmap.net  (based on the world bank api data) and
>>> http://populationpyramid.net (based on UN data).
>> Very nice to hear about you! I've seen these projects before and I was quite
>> impressed.
>>
>>> I hold a PhD in Computer Science and I am currently working in a web
>>> agency. My weapons of choices when programming are Python, javascript,
>>> raphael.js and lately, objective-c (for iPad/iPhone).
>>>
>>> I would like to organize the Brussels event for the open data
>>> hackathon in Belgium on the 3rd of december. I am still waiting to be
>>> sure to have a place to organize this (I contacted the ULB, my alma
>>> mater, and the ICAB and I am waiting for a response). I would be
>>> interested to know if there are people in this mailing list who would
>>> like to participate.
>> Great! I think I would be able to get a room in Tour&  Taxis. It's where we
>> (iRail npo) do our general assemblies. It's a nice location :)
>>
>> As I live in Ghent I might organise a small event over here together with
>> Bart Rosseau (the best civil servant you'd ever meet). If this doesn't
>> happen, I will come over to Brussels to join you though.
>>
>> Pieter
>>> Martin

>> --
>> iRail vzw/asbl