[okfn-be] Collaboration with Wikipedia

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 20:19:09 UTC 2012

Hi Maarten,

I think that being an umbrella organisation is one very good goal of
OKFN Belgium. For this we will indeed need funding because no one likes
to do administrative work for fun (at least not the kind of people I
know). At the first meeting we will discuss our first steps, how to get
a start fund, working groups, and so on. I really hope to welcome some
wikipedia/wikimedia (Jeroen Dedauw?) and OSM guys (Marc Portier?)!

But don't forget that it will be so much more as well: an enabler, a
living lab, an organiser of events and so on. Think big! We can get
funding for various projects in a lot of ways and we can make a lot of
people cooperate.

Kind regards,

Pieter

iRail vzw/asbl