[okfn-be] Wikimedia Belgium

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 07:36:13 UTC 2012

Hi Romaine,

we would very much like that, but let's be pragmatic. Founding an
organisation in Belgium is a lot of work and you will need a lot of
commitment from certain people merely on the administrative level.

The reason why we have founded OKFN Belgium is primarily to be an umbrella
organisation for organisations supporting the open way of working. iRail
for instance started as a separate organisation but is now merging with
OKFN Belgium. Creative Commons Belgium started immeadiately under OKFN
Belgium, but has its own authenticity, own working group board and is
responsible for their own budgets.

My preference, therefore not the only possibility, would be to start a
wikimedia chapter as an okfn working group. What do you think?

Kind regards,

Pieter
Op 19-nov.-2012 07:57 schreef "Romaine Wiki" <romaine_wiki at yahoo.com> het
volgende: