[okfn-be] Idea for Open Belgium 2015 - data portal for Namur

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at okfn.org
Wed Nov 19 14:43:22 UTC 2014

Hi all,

The 23d of February, we are doing the second edition of the Open Belgium
conference, and this time we are doing it in the city of Namur. This
causes some difficulties: the main organisation of the conference
(Pieter-Jan Pauwels and the session organisers), have no feeling with
the city of Namur. What we would like to do however is to make our
conference have an impact on the ville de Namur and make sure we all get
to know the ville de Namur a little better:

We would like to launch a simple data portal for the ville de Namur and
make sure people can start building on top of this API to build useful
apps. After the conference, we hope the ville de Namur wants to keep
this data portal online and take over the maintenance of the website.

Some questions to you:
  * Are there people who actually do know people at the ville de Namur
and can bring us in touch with people concerning e.g., digital
innovation, smart cities, e-government, data/information management, geo
strategy... ?
  * Do you have a dataset (e.g., trash pick-up schedule, bus stops,
statistics, etc) about the ville de Namur? Do you want to contribute it
to the portal? It's easy: provide us with a CSV, XML or JSON file (if
the data is in a PDF, you can also contribute by extracting the data
from the PDF and delivering a CSV!)
  * Does someone want to contribute with code? We could organise a
hackathon to hack together an even nicer looking data portal for the
ville de Namur in Namur somewhere in December/January and launch it at
the conference.

Oh yes, if you would have an idea yourself for the conference, please do
reply! We will launch the website next week, so more information coming
soon :)

Kind regards,

Pieter

--