[okfn-br] Brazilian chapter focus

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton137 em gmail.com
Domingo Outubro 30 02:48:14 UTC 2011

Dear all,

after all talks during the last days with people in Brasília,
discussion with friends interested in open knowledge (conhecimento
livre), I propose the following focus for the Brazilian chapter

http://wiki.okfn.org/Chapter/Brazil#Chapter_focus

1. raise awareness on and promote open government data and facilitate
the dialogue between civil society and government about this issue
2. run and create sustainable open government data projects, such as
"Where does my money go", "They work for you", "What do they know"
3. use the projects above among others to make scientific research on
government data
4. bring together open content communities and people who share Open
Knowledge Foundation vision (in Portuguese)
5. foster a datajournalism community in Brazil

I think some of them are in the mid to long term, such as 5., but I
believe we can have these 5 aims for the moment. What do you think?
Please, let me know your ideas (I want emphasize this is a proposal),
if you think it's too much for the beginning, if you think we should
have other goals etc..

These are some people and groups I have talked to or I am going to talk

http://wiki.okfn.org/Chapter/Brazil/people

There are others, but I am still not sure if it is proper add their names.

You can compare with other chapters also being formed:

http://wiki.okfn.org/Category:Chapter

Write in Portuguese if you feel more comfortable, but I want also
listen OKFn staff if they want contribute to the discussion.

Best regards,

Tom