[Okfn-ca] Open Education in Canada

G.E. Ross g.e.ross at opensourcetext.ca
Tue Dec 10 17:41:23 UTC 2013

Hi Diane,

I do not believe an Open Government Licence would be the one to apply to textbooks.

Also, in Canada, curricula are set by the provincial Ministries of Education.

Further, if a source textbook was BY-NC-SA then the book we adapt to a Canadian curriculum would have to also be BY-NC-SA.

I note that BCCampus is using the Creative Commons framework as well.

I think, for textbook publishing, it is more appropriate.

Government systems are another matter.

Regards,

Glenn

Glenn E. Ross, CEO