[Okfn-ca] Compte-rendu de la première réunion du groupe local, 9 juillet 2013 | OKFN Canada - Groupe local de l'Open Knowledge Foundation – Local Group : promouvoir le savoir libre

Diane Mercier diane.mercier at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 03:28:44 UTC 2013

Hi Peder,

The English translation of the first meeting report is in progress and
should be published in a few days. I will curate the english version in
english lists of discusssion and also in the okfn-ca

The OKFN local group in Canada is a national group. I am the the first
ambassador 100%a pure wool "Québécoise" living in Montréal.

Thus, the development of the local group will start from Montréal and
expand to the rest of Canada.

We understand that it is important for the rest of Canada to have a
translation of French texts into English. Thanks to understand that 75%
of Quebecers are functionally bilingual.
It is for this reason that we ask for volunteer translators from French
to English.

Also, if you want more English in the list, I invite you to post your
messages in English.

What makes a group a "national" one is the participation of both
Canadian nations who makes this country a country. And the condition to
such a participation is to let the participants express them in the
language of their choice. So feel free to speak and write English.

Personally, I use online translation tools to write my emails in
English. It is not very literary but it is functional.
Several of my anglophone friends make also online translation from
French into English.

If you do not understand French, you could do the same. I use online
translator to understand text in German, Italian, Spanish, etc. since
more and more texts in the web are published in national languages

Regards,

Diane