[OKFN-CH] help needed

Muriel Staub muriel.staub at opendata.ch
Mon Sep 22 14:27:45 UTC 2014

Dear all, thank you very much for providing me with such valuable info and putting me in contact with people who can help.

https://index.okfn.org/
gadm.org
http://www.naturalearthdata.com/

Am 22.09.2014 um 16:17 schrieb Luc Girardin <luc.girardin at macrofocus.com>:

> Dear Muriel,
>> We were contacted by public authorities who are looking for official and open data containing all countries, cities, provinces etc. of the entire world.
>>
>> As far as I was told, the Swiss Federal Office for Statistics only has the data for Europe and CH.
>>
>> Thanks for letting me know if you have an idea where this data is openly available.
> There is no such "official" repository!
>
> Currently, the most successful effort at putting all of the pieces together (with global coverage) is Natural Earth:
>
> http://www.naturalearthdata.com/
>
> Just let me know if it doesn't contain all of what you are looking for... there are quite a few additional data sources around.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Luc
> --
> Luc Girardin  Macrofocus GmbH, Wasserwerkstr. 10, CH-8006 Zurich
>        email: luc.girardin at macrofocus.com
>        phone: +41 44 350 52 18
>          fax: +41 44 350 52 19
>          web: http://www.macrofocus.com/

Muriel Staub
Opendata.ch
Swiss Chapter of the Open Knowledge Foundation
muriel.staub at opendata.ch
+41 79 752 78 69

Make sure to get your ticket for this year’s opendata.ch conference.