[okfn-discuss] Calendar

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jan 30 13:19:49 UTC 2006

So to summarize I think the feeling is we should go with drupal and/or
upcoming.org. My only reservation about upcoming.org is that it is not
open and just been snaffled by yahoo and I never liked investing time
and effort in something that has the potential to lock me in.

However Looking at the drupal event api what's good is that not only
does it support upcoming.org's REST interface but it can use it to talk
to other drupal sites (BTW Tom I couldn't work out from
http://drupal.org/node/27953 whether this module is complete or not --
you seemed to be implying it needs sponsoring in order to be complete).

Anyway I've now installed the drupal event module on
http://drn.okfn.org/ so you can check it out to see what it is like.
Unfortunately all the upcoming support seems to be in drupal >= 4.6 and
okfn is currently running 4.5 (the stable debian version).

~rufus