[okfn-discuss] help wanted: setting up cherrpy to serve pages externally

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Jun 20 12:38:09 UTC 2006

Wondered if anyone had any advice/recommendations on how to get cherrypy
to serve pages externally (i.e. not just to localhost but to external
browser requests too) as I want to try running the open shakespeare app
on dev.okfn.org so that people can take a look.

In particular is there any way do this using just cherrypy alone (e.g.
an option like serve_external) or do i have to use proxying from apache,
wsgi and which method is better? (I also note I've tried the Apache
proxy solution -- but not the rewrite one -- listed on the cherrypy site
without success due to some permissions issue I don't entirely understand).

Apolgies for this rather technical enquiry and thanks in advance for any
help.