[okfn-discuss] v0.3 of Open Shakespeare Released

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Oct 4 16:17:01 UTC 2006

A new version (0.3) of open shakespeare is out. As part of the release
I've also set up a proper project website at:

   <http://www.openshakespeare.org/>  (thanks jo!)

And the demo web interface is now at:

   <http://demo.openshakespeare.org/>

Main improvement is the mutiviews which you can see a demonstration of
by visiting:

   <http://demo.openshakespeare.org/view?name=othello_gut_f+othello_gut>

which will show the Gutenberg normal and folio editions of Othello side
by side.

Full release announcement is below. Please feel free to forward to
relevant lists and individuals.

http://blog.okfn.org/2006/10/04/v03-of-open-shakespeare-released/

	*	*	*	*	*	*

## v0.3 of Open Shakespeare Released ##

A new version (0.3) of open shakespeare is out. Get it via the code page:

   <http://www.openshakespeare.org/code/>

### Changelog ###

1. Can now view mutiple texts side by side (ticket:15). See it in action at:

    <http://demo.openshakespeare.org/view?name=othello_gut_f+othello_gut>

2. Now include moby/bosak versions of shakespeare as well as gutenberg
(ticket:10) (though more work remains to be done to process these
versions to plaintext and html)

3. Fix bug whereby we were missing some of the available gutenberg texts
(ticket:18)

4. Install the shakespeare python package (ticket:16)

5. Move to py.test from unittest

6. New project website at <http://www.openshakespeare.org/>

### Outstanding Issues ###

1. Several of the source texts (all of them Gutenberg folios) seem to
break the viewer due to kid (the templating system) complaining about
about 'not well-formed (invalid token) xml'. Any help in tracking this
down would be greatly appreciated.

### About Open Shakespeare ###

A full open set of Shakespeare's works along with anciallary material, a
variety of tools and a python API.

For more information see the about page:
<http://www.openshakespeare.org/about/>