[okfn-discuss] What date for the open knowledge event next spring

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Oct 13 16:02:32 UTC 2006

Sorry for the silence: I've been ill the last week.

Saul Albert wrote:
> hi Rufus,
>
> On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 01:34:49PM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
>
>>Great, mid-march it is then. Saul, could you check Limehouse bookings
>>for that w/e (i.e. the 17th-18th). Also though at present we're planning
>>just to a one-day event what would the extra charge be to have it for
>>the w/e rather than just saturday?
>

> I just blocked out the weekend of the 17th - 18th March in the group
> calendar - it's available so far.

Great. we'll be able to decide pretty quickly whether to go for one or
two days.

> Re: charges, as I think I mentioned before, the going rate is now 500
> quid per day - so as close as we can get to that would be great.

ok.

> Obviously, since OKF is a beloved organisation, if that's unrealistic we
> can wrangle it down - but if dosh can be got, then funnelling it into
> Limehouse is A Good Thing. What's a realistic proportion of 1k for OKF
> to pay? I can try to raise some money between now and then if we have a
> target, or can put whatever price we feel is plausible to the group and
> see if they're up for it.

I think we should be able to find this either by charging a small
(optional) fee to attendees or by other means.

>>>Perhaps we could see if different chapters of dorkbot.org would be
>>>interested in doing an open knowledge presentation & discussion in a
>>>distributed, multi-lingual, casual kind of way?
>>
>>That would be great. Perhaps something along the lines of the open
>>hardware session we had last time?
>

> Cool - Maybe an okfn rep (not me! I talk too much already) could do an
> 'opendork' presentation at the next dorkbot about it and maybe we can
> gauge opinion/enthusiasm for something like that..

Good idea. Perhaps Jo would be interested or if not let me know
dates/times (I've wanted to come to a dorkbot).

~rufus