[okfn-discuss] What date for the open knowledge event next spring

Saul Albert saul at theps.net
Sat Oct 7 06:17:25 UTC 2006

hi Rufus,

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 01:34:49PM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> Great, mid-march it is then. Saul, could you check Limehouse bookings
> for that w/e (i.e. the 17th-18th). Also though at present we're planning
> just to a one-day event what would the extra charge be to have it for
> the w/e rather than just saturday?

I just blocked out the weekend of the 17th - 18th March in the group
calendar - it's available so far.

Re: charges, as I think I mentioned before, the going rate is now 500
quid per day - so as close as we can get to that would be great.

Obviously, since OKF is a beloved organisation, if that's unrealistic we
can wrangle it down - but if dosh can be got, then funnelling it into
Limehouse is A Good Thing. What's a realistic proportion of 1k for OKF
to pay? I can try to raise some money between now and then if we have a
target, or can put whatever price we feel is plausible to the group and
see if they're up for it.

> >>Good idea. It would be fantastic to see people running Open Knowledge
> >>Forums elsewhere ...
> >

> >Perhaps we could see if different chapters of dorkbot.org would be
> >interested in doing an open knowledge presentation & discussion in a
> >distributed, multi-lingual, casual kind of way?
>
> That would be great. Perhaps something along the lines of the open
> hardware session we had last time?

Cool - Maybe an okfn rep (not me! I talk too much already) could do an
'opendork' presentation at the next dorkbot about it and maybe we can
gauge opinion/enthusiasm for something like that..

Saul.

--
The People Speak   | 17-25 Cremer St.  London E2 8HD | http://theps.net
studio +44 (0)20 76133001 | saul: +44 (0)7941 255210 | ms at theps.net