[okfn-discuss] What date for the open knowledge event next spring

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Oct 6 12:34:49 UTC 2006

Saul Albert wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 05:33:05PM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
>
>>My preference is for the 17th. What do others think?
>

> +1 - mid march is good - lots of people in town, busy but sociable (I
> check last year's calendar when I'm thinking about dates. Oi vey was it
> sociable! Node London was in full effect, but won't be this year, I
> think)

Great, mid-march it is then. Saul, could you check Limehouse bookings
for that w/e (i.e. the 17th-18th). Also though at present we're planning
just to a one-day event what would the extra charge be to have it for
the w/e rather than just saturday?

>>Good idea. It would be fantastic to see people running Open Knowledge
>>Forums elsewhere ...
>

> Perhaps we could see if different chapters of dorkbot.org would be
> interested in doing an open knowledge presentation & discussion in a
> distributed, multi-lingual, casual kind of way?

That would be great. Perhaps something along the lines of the open
hardware session we had last time?

~rufus