[okfn-discuss] JISC data preservation costs study

Jordan Hatcher's lists lists at twitchgamer.net
Fri Oct 5 11:06:25 UTC 2007

On 5 Oct 2007, at 11:23, Rufus Pollock wrote:

> Jordan Hatcher's lists wrote:
>> <http://www.jisc.ac.uk/fundingopportunities/funding_calls/2007/10/
>> datacostsitt>
>> Don't know if this is OT or not, but I saw this funding call for
>> a  study into the costs of storing research data for 5-10 years,
>> and  thought that issues such as open formats and open data
>> licensing  would be relevant to the cost analysis, and thus of
>> possible interest  to the list.
>
> Certainly looks interesting -- though I note that ironically for a
> study about preservation the docs are in Word format [1]. I don't
> think the OKF is in a position to conduct such a study but it would
> certainly be good to talk to whomever does.
>
> ~rufus
>
> [1]:<http://www.jisc.ac.uk/media/documents/funding/2007/10/
> datacostsitt.doc>

Would it be useful to submit something like a 1-2 page letter
explaining who OKFN is and what they can offer to whomever gets the
grant?

~Jordan

____
Mr. Jordan S Hatcher, JD, LLM

jordan at opencontentlawyer dot com
OC Blog: http://opencontentlawyer.com
IP/IT Blog: http://twitchgamer.net

Open Data Commons
http://www.opencontentlawyer.com/open-data/

Usage of Creative Commons by cultural heritage organisations
http://www.eduserv.org.uk/foundation/studies/cc2007