[okfn-discuss] Work on Open Shakespeare/Milton and upgrading openshakespeare.org

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Wed Aug 27 13:01:01 UTC 2008

Rufus Pollock wrote:
> Fixed :) I've also added a long spiel on the front page trying to
> explain (better) what we are trying to do with Open Shakespeare like
> stuff. Any suggestions on a) improvements to this b) communities who
> might be interested but probably don't know about the project yet
> (e.g. academics ...) would be most welcome.

I know some of the English people at Oxford. In particular, Will Poole
and Richard Scholar are friends from New College. Will is now a tutorial
fellow at New, Richard moved to Oriel. Last year they published
/Thinking With Shakespeare/ which I was shown at A. D. Nuttall's
memorial service. A. D. Nuttall was a notable Shakespeare academic. I've
got a copy of their book here. It's a good read. Of course, it's
available in all good college libraries. :-)

http://www.mhra.org.uk/cgi-bin/legenda/legenda.pl?catalogue=b9781904350842

Will Poole is a charming, erudite, gentleman. I'm sure he would
appreciate the resource.

http://www.new.ox.ac.uk/Teaching_and_Research/Staff_Profile_Page.php?staffId=48
http://www.english.ox.ac.uk/Staff%20Page%20Profiles/Poole.htm

I'll drop him a line; I'm heading that way again in a couple of weeks.

Best wishes,

John.

--
John Bywater, Director