[okfn-discuss] Copyright status of the Open Shakespeare texts ?

Philippe Aigrain philippe.aigrain at sopinspace.com
Wed Feb 6 09:48:14 UTC 2008

I did a further test on co-ment by creating a text with both parts of Henry
the Fourth, and it is still works OK (just takes a while to open the text).

However, while doing so, I actually checked the Project Gutenberg source, and
it looks like the copyright status is uncertain : is it because of the
translation to modern English in As you like it and Part I of Henry IV ?
Thanks for letting me know if I can keep such texts public on co-ment, or
pointing me to Shakespeare texts that are actually in teh public domain.

Best,
--
Philippe Aigrain