[okfn-discuss] Musicians, fands and online copyright: today at the LSE

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Mar 19 12:19:32 UTC 2008

Dear All,

This is a bit late notice (as the event takes place this afternoon), but
for anyone with an interest in copyright issues, particularly in the
online environment, there is an excellent event on today at the LSE
organized by Ian Brown of the OII. Details are below.

## Musicians, fans and online copyright

Wednesday 19 March 2008 14:00 - 17:00

     * John Kennedy, CEO of IFPI
     * Paul Sanders, Director of Strategy at Playlouder
     * Becky Hogge, Open Rights Group
     * Adrian Brazier, DBERR
     * Lilian Edwards, Southampton University
     * Rufus Pollock, Cambridge University
     * Michelle Childs, Knowledge Ecology International
     * Wendy Grossman, musician / freelance journalist

Location: Old Theatre, London School of Economics, Houghton Street,
London, WC2A 2AE, United Kingdom.

This Wednesday afternoon we have a great selection of speakers for our
free OII/LSE event on music and copyright. Come along to find out what
the government, music industry, publishers and independent experts are
thinking about ideas like 3-strikes-and-you're-disconnected; scanning
ISP traffic for copyright works; and notice and takedown regimes.

Full programme at:
http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/events/details.cfm?id=186