[okfn-discuss] Magic Lantern Slide Freedom

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Tue Apr 7 19:40:48 UTC 2009

I had a chat with someone about a Leicester county council project to
digitize magic lantern slides (old photographic slides). Given the
county's and the project's objectives, they argue that making
the scans freely (for a copyleft or public domain equivalent value of
"free") seems like a good idea. And I agree. But I'm not in
Leicestershire, I'm not an expert on this kind of project, and apart
from flickr commons and wikipedia loves art I don't really know of many
institutional CC projects.

So if anyone can help sell the council on making the images free, knows
anyone who could, or knows of any good case studies let me know and I'll
forward you on.

This pdf contains a description of the project -

http://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/298_cs679_photo_digitiation__access_project_worker_cs679-2.pdf

Thanks.

- Rob.