[okfn-discuss] Ideas for OKCon 2010?

Luis Villa luis.villa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 18:20:44 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Jonathan Gray<jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:
>> Such a call for papers could be for example grouped around the pillars
>> technology, society and culture. We could ask people to submit short papers
>> (e.g. up to 6 pages) or presentations (e.g. 10-15 slides) and use that as
>> input for creating a programme.
>
> The technology, society, culture divisions seem very natural! Suspect
> that 6 pages might be quite a lot for the informal spirit of OKCon -
> perhaps we could cap it at a page to force people to be concise? ;-)

I'd suggest cap at 1,000 words, and put all the papers in a wiki
before the conference, with people allowed and encouraged to edit
them, and conference speakers encouraged to participate in the editing
process and respond to the edits/questions during their presentation.
(If particularly good editing processes happen, could convert it to a
panel and invite the editors!)

Luis (slightly out on a limb)