[okfn-discuss] Eurostat licensing?

Andreas Harth andreas at harth.org
Fri Jun 5 13:06:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 04:43:57PM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> 2009/6/3 Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>:
> > Andreas Harth currently has an RDF version of Eurostat at:
> >
> >  http://ontologycentral.com/2009/01/eurostat/
> >
> > He does not host the whole thing, but states: "Unfortunately we cannot
> > provide access to the full dataset due to limited storage and
> > bandwidth resources. If you are interested in the full dataset and
> > able to sponsor our effort please contact us."
> >
> [...]
> > Hence I understand that the bulk of Eurostat data is OKD compliant,
> > effectively under an attribution license?
>
> Yes, that seems to be the case. It would be great if Talis were able
> to host this data -- it seems a really useful resource and a good
> example of repurposing/value-adding thanks to the material being open.

As said before, I'd be happy to provide the data for hosting at Talis -
the dataset is relatively large though (tens of GB).  At the moment
I'm serving from static files and do not require a SPARQL endpoint,
which should lower the resource requirements.  Some configuration for
redirects etc. would be needed if hosted on a different server.

Cheers,
Andreas.