[okfn-discuss] data.gov.uk: UK version of data.gov

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Fri Jun 19 15:18:49 UTC 2009

For a while we've been speaking about creating more official 'editor'
roles at CKAN. (Particularly in discussions with Cameron Neylon +
Peter Murray-Rust.)

A few general suggestions:

 * list of most recently added/edited pages on front page
 * ckan.net/user/[username] pages - allowing user to create a profile
page detailing interests and linking to external sites
 * better browsing support, e.g. link to list of 'curated' tags, with
information on subject area and active editors
 * featured packages on front page
 * allow collections of packages
 * ckan on identica - with feed of new packages?

I've created a ticket for this here:

  http://knowledgeforge.net/okfn/tasks/ticket/53

J.