[okfn-discuss] OKCon 2009: CFP + submissions system

Sören Auer auer at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Fri Oct 30 19:56:28 UTC 2009

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for bringing this back on the agenda!

> I suggest we have a single CFP for research track and short
> presentations/demos/posters - and have modified a the text
> accordingly.

Sounds good to me!

> I've also prepared a plain text submission form:

Perfect.

> Does anyone have any suggestions? Any ideas for further fields on
> submission form? Any more ideas for topics?

I have some remarks:

* is the date for OKCon meanwhile finalized - would be nice to have that
fixed so people can add it to their calendar once we send it around
* I would suggest to shift the submission deadline to the end of January
* we are already a little late and I guess February/March is sufficient
for reviewing
* from my point of view technology and law do not fit well together, I
would rather combine Law with Society and Democracy - these seem to be
slightly closer, although Technology and Law could be one also a topic
in either of both categories.

Best,

Sören