[okfn-discuss] OKCon 2009: CFP + submissions system

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Fri Oct 30 20:14:18 UTC 2009

Thanks for your input Sören!

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Sören Auer
<auer at informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:
> * is the date for OKCon meanwhile finalized - would be nice to have that
> fixed so people can add it to their calendar once we send it around

Sorry, I should have said in my previous email that, subsequent to
Rufus's last emails about confirming date we've now fixed this at
Saturday 24th April 2010!

I've added this to our public events calendar:

  http://okfn.org/events

> * I would suggest to shift the submission deadline to the end of January *
> we are already a little late and I guess February/March is sufficient for
> reviewing

Good call - I've adjusted the dates accordingly.

> * from my point of view technology and law do not fit well together, I would
> rather combine Law with Society and Democracy - these seem to be slightly
> closer, although Technology and Law could be one also a topic in either of
> both categories.

Point taken. I've adjusted the headings accordingly, and added a few
more topics in. I'm sure there are loads of important topics we're
missing - so would appreciate extra pairs of eyes and suggestions
here!

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator