[okfn-discuss] Fwd: Gridworks, open data and ckan.net

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue May 11 10:44:32 UTC 2010

Gridworks, for those who haven't seen it, is a very cool tool for
cleaning up data developed by David Huynh and others at freebase. It
has now been made publicly available and open-sourced (see email below
for more):

<http://code.google.com/p/freebase-gridworks/>

This seems a really interesting piece of software with lots of
potential uses in open knowledge projects generally and in some of our
projects specifically e.g. CKAN, http://openeconomics.net etc.

I've already played around with the tool a bit myself but I'd be eager
to hear others opinions, especially on ways we could integrate this
with something like CKAN. So if you do try it out and have comments
please let me know.

PS: the EMDAT database mentioned in the excellent introductory video
actually came from an entry in CKAN (which infochimps then imported
...)