[okfn-discuss] Creative Commons NonCommercial and NoDerivatives Discussion

Bastien bzg at altern.org
Tue Dec 18 08:51:32 UTC 2012

Aaron Wolf <wolftune at gmail.com> writes:

> Furthermore, while not important, there's a terrible tendency for
> people to be annoyed about someone making money even when they had no
> inclination to make any money themselves.

This tendency may exist, but I observe another one: the tendency to
reject commercial use from people who absolutely don't give a sh*it
about copyright, freedom and the free culture.

This I experimented myself.  Someone sells copies of articles I did
share under CC-by.  This person just does not care about the content,
about freedom or whatever.

So in that case, I'm angry.  Some people anticipate this and don't
want to be angry, which is quite understandable.

--
 Bastien