[okfn-discuss] Open Access publishing agreement for social sciences and arts & humanities

Dan Scott dan.scott at socialsciencesdirectory.com
Tue Oct 9 17:13:59 UTC 2012

Dear all

Please accept my apologies for cross-posting.

Hopefully, you will have seen the recent announcement that Social Sciences
Directory published its first Issue
<http://socialsciencesdirectory.com/index.php/socscidir/issue/current>  in
September and its sister website Humanities Directory will follow shortly.
These are new multi-disciplinary publications, which aim to revolutionise
scholarly publishing by providing quality, affordable content without the
barrier of subscription paywalls. Our approach is modern and progressive,
whilst adhering to recognised publishing standards.

We have reached a new agreement with Eduserv to offer low cost institutional
membership fees for British universities. With the UK government mandate to
make publicly-funded research freely available from April 1st 2013, this is
a great opportunity to offer researchers at your institution a way to
publish quality work in open access without paying exorbitant article
processing charges. If there is enough interest through Eduserv then
subscribers will pay a fee of £1,800 +VAT  for the extended period to 31
December 2013 compared to the current annual membership fee of £2,000. This
fee entitles member institutions to publish an unlimited number of
manuscripts (subject to adherence with the Guidelines for Authors and a
satisfactory review). The fee for institutions taking membership to both
Social Sciences Directory and Humanities Directory will be £3,500 + VAT.

Benefits of choosing to publish with us

*	Fully independent Editors and Editorial Boards
*	Speeded up time to publication - aiding dissemination and citation
for authors
*	Multi-disciplinary content to cross-fertilise ideas
*	Retention of copyright by authors
*	Peer review of all scholarly papers
*	Publication of valuable additional material
*	Unlimited space – so fewer unnecessary rejections
*	Low article fees  and / or institutional memberships (allowing
unlimited submissions)
*	An easy-to-follow submission and review process
*	Indexed with EBSCO Discovery Service for increased discoverability
*	Archived with the British Library for perpetual access
*	Friendly and helpful service

I hope this is of interest and would be happy to meet or arrange conference
calls to discuss further.

Yours sincerely

Dan Scott MA, BA (Hons)

Director

Social Sciences Directory Limited

T: +44 (0)1423 326 257

M: +44 (0)770 381 2042

www.socialsciencesdirectory.com

www.humanitiesdirectory.com

READ IT. WRITE IT. CITE IT.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission may contain confidential or
legally privileged information that is intended only for the individual or
entity named in the e-mail address. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance upon the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

 If you have received this e-mail transmission in error, please reply to the
sender, so that we can arrange for proper delivery, and then please delete
the message from your inbox. Thank you.