[okfn-discuss] Directory of OKFners and CKAN support in Costa Rica

Naomi Lillie naomi.lillie at okfn.org
Thu Apr 25 17:28:19 UTC 2013

This is a tricky question - how many people are OKFners? Is it the people
actively involved in Working and Local Groups? Is it the Advisory Board and
everyone on this discussion list? Is it the people who regularly check in
on http://blog.okfn.org/ to see what we've been up to? I think the answer
is 'yes to all the above and more', but it's difficult to count us all, let
alone create a directory :-)

Stef's comment about legal / contractual is a good point, and voluntary and
opt-in is a good start! Nigel's 'vouching' is a good plan too, but keeping
any sort of directory brings certain responsibilities to look after the
personal data of those on it - even with the opt-in it's not clear, as
people can't really opt-in to sharing with groups and individuals they
don't know yet (or maybe they can...).

Anyway, Tom (and others) I would love to hear your thoughts on how to do
this - it would be great to enable more recognition of our amazing
community!

Naomi

On 23 April 2013 22:42, Nigel Babu <nigel.babu at okfn.org> wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> I've been thinking about something along these lines since Jan, yes. I
> haven't found time yet to do any sort of work on it yet. Essentially, it
> will be an opt-in directory of people associated with OKF and you'll need
> to be vouched by someone on the list to be able to see any contact
> information on the directory.
>
> Nigel.
>

> On 23 April 2013 23:31, Everton Zanella Alvarenga <
> everton.alvarenga at okfn.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> Just a quick e-mail. We really need to make a directory of all OKFners
>> around the world. Have someone started something like that?
>>
>> Who gave this idea was Yaso (W3C Brasil) here now at ODI, who is needing
>> someone to work as a consultant about CKAN in Costa Rica. If you know
>> someone, please, e-mail her in private with the relevant e-mails cced.
>>
>> P. S. We also need to think better ways to share our learnings now that
>> we are expanding, but I will elaborate a more detailed e-mail about this
>> soon.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> --
>> Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
>> OKFN Brasil - Rede pelo Conhecimento Livre
>> http://br.okfn.org

Naomi Lillie
Head of Network
Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org/>