[okfn-discuss] [OKFN-Local-Coord] OKFN on the news, photos and archiving the mailing lists

Christian Villum christian.villum at okfn.org
Wed Feb 6 19:38:00 UTC 2013

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the steady flow of good ideas, please keep 'em coming!

> just a few ideas I just had. The first and more important, I think, is
> that in the local groups page we should gather somewhere all news that
> mention OKFN activities in our countries.

This is definitely a good idea and also one of the things we are discussing.

> I think it would be good if at least one person of a local group had
> access to the central OKFN flickr account. Last year I uploaded a lot
> of photos of events on my personal flickr, not I am lazy to add the on
> the central one (the files are all spread in a lot of computers :P).

I think this Flickr group is already open - and all you need to do is join
in order to post?
If not, let me know and I'll investigate what we can do.

> What about archieving all OKFN mailing lists on gmane.org? I think
> really useful to navigate on and find previous discussions.

This could be a good idea, let me run it by our admins. There might be some
archiving software already running.

> I also believe we should create a page with instruction on the use of
> social media. For instance, when we need use tag, we should define a
> pattern, like #okfnXX, when XX are two letter of the country.

+1, and this was also discussed at the summit. So it's on the radar and
will be part of the forthcoming 'Welcome package' that will be available as
a resource to all Local Groups.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F1Cfv-KgOCy9US-OdLfVEc2NI7oKLuEzpnp-4ElZa4I/edit#

> Kat has created.

Wonderful, and I've now additionally added them across the various internal
boards and docs.

And like I said, please keep the good ideas coming, we really appreciate
the input!

-Christian

--
Christian Vilum | @villum <http://www.twitter.com/villum>
*Community manager, Open Government Data (OGD)*

Open Knowledge Foundation <http://www.okfn.org/> |
@okfn<http://www.twitter.com/okfn>
*Building the digital commons** - support our work: okfn.org/support*