[okfn-discuss] Goodbye Aaron Swartz – and Long Live Your Legacy

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Mon Jan 14 17:45:26 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Just to let you know I've recently posted a piece in remembrance of Aaron
Swartz on the OKFN blog:

http://blog.okfn.org/2013/01/14/goodbye-aaron-swartz-and-long-live-your-legacy/

Over the weekend I was mulling over the idea of trying to establish a
"Swartz Award" for digital activism, perhaps with an associated legal fund,
administered by individuals and organisations who knew him and focusing on
areas that he cared about.

I later read a post on Demand Progress that seemed to indicate that they
may have some ideas/plans along these lines.

Condolences to all of you who knew him. Very sad news indeed.

All the best,

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Gray <http://jonathangray.org/> | @jwyg <http://twitter.com/jwyg>